Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yes, I’m Glad Juan Williams Got Fired From NPR

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse UniversityScholarship in Action 

It wasn't a terrorist attack, but there was an explosion. The explosion occurred in my email inbox when a slew of associates forwarded me emails about NPR firing Juan Williams for his disparaging remarks about the Islamic community. Many of my friends remembered two years ago, when Juan and Bill O'Reilly went through a lot of trouble to have me fired from Syracuse University. Their ridiculous stunt stretched over several shows, as they worked to paint me as the most racist black man in America. The attack was a personal retaliation by O'Reilly for the fact that I asked theYour Black World Coalition to boycott O'Reilly's corporate sponsors after we grew tired of their attacks on Michelle and Barack Obama. I stand by every single word I said about both Juan Williams and Bill O'Reilly, so to put it in layman's terms, "Ain't a damn thing changed."

Click to read.

No comments: