Thursday, October 30, 2008

Barack Obama's 30 Minute TV Spot: Take a Look




Dr. Boyce Watkins
www.BoyceWatkins.com
For those who want to hear more of my take on the DL Hughley thing, I'll be speaking on it on the following shows over the next few days:

WDAS Philadelphia - Thursday at 1 pm EST
NPR ("Tell me more with Michele Martin" - National) - Friday morning at 9:15 EST
The Wendy Williams Experience (National) - Friday 4:10 pm EST
Hot 97 ("Street Soldiers" - New York) - Friday night at 9 pm EST
We also put a link which allows you to write the producers at CNN to tell them what you think.

I am going to meet with one of the major networks about a Financial show they have in development. As soon as I am given the green light to share what is going on, I will do that. I am honestly hesitant about dealing with the major networks however, since I enjoy making my own money and remaining independent. But if the terms are right and there's (in my friend Vigalantee's words) "no-jangling", I might consider doing such a show.


Barack Obama has my respect and I am going to vote for him. Here is a link to his 30 minute prime-time presentation for those of you who have not had a chance to take a look:

Finally, I want to give a shout out to the students at my alma mater, The University of Kentucky. They were recently hit with a nasty racial incident, in which an effigy of Senator Barack Obama was found hanging from a tree.

I spoke on a few media outlets on this topic and called for the President of the university to realize that it is the lack of true commitment to cultural diversity which created the social incubator that allows these incidents to happen. Racial incidents occurred at The University of Kentucky when I was in college, and they continue to happen to this day. It will never stop until the university makes an honest commitment to creating real diversity by allowing progressive African Americans to become involved in the decision-making structure of that campus. Most progressive Black faculty (myself included) left the state of Kentucky due to racism, and some were forced out by academic departments that, quite frankly, don't respect or appreciate Black scholarship. Perhaps the president can show his commitment by asking some of them to come back. I encourage the students and faculty to also stand strong and demand the fairness that the university has been promising (and delaying) for the past 40 years. It is time to be strong so that the next generation doesn't have to come to school to find their cherished leaders hanging from a tree.

Don't forget: if you want to get your finances straight, please join our list for financial advice. Economic freedom is a critical component of our socio-political freedom. Only you can save and protect your family.

Be well,
Dr. Boyce Watkins

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Boyce ur boy Marc Lamont Hill is tomming on the oreilly factor. i guess next we will see you on hannity and colmes

T O said...

Hope that don't happen!

Anonymous said...

Serious talk, I had heard from a friend in the know that Boyce was going to back Cynthia McKinney. Supposedly some big shot white folks at his school said it wouldn't help him in achieving tenure so he went with Obama, the safest choice

Anonymous said...

It appears that you have a resident hater boyce, congratulations! That is your first sign of success!

Anonymous said...

and only sign if you notice the lack of comments

Anonymous said...

This is half entertaining. But then once more I am extremely high right now