Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Black Enterprise Report - Starting an Investment Club

I did this interview when I was at the Frasernet Conference in Atlanta. George Fraser, a networking guru, is a respected friend of mine. What is really funny about this interview is that I have never seen this woman in real life. I was actually answering the questions of a man, and they edited it to make it look like the woman was talking to me. Funny huh? Let's be honest: most of the stuff you see on TV is just a little bit fake. In fact, all the make up they slap on me to make me look like Baby Denzel is a part of the big lie....if only I looked so good in real life!

I will never forget that weekend, for that was also when I had a chance to meet some of my other friends for the first time: Cornel West, Michael Eric Dyson, Julianne Malveaux, Al Sharpton and a few others. Since that time, I've had chances to interact with them many times. Julianne and Michael were my greatest inspirations in the 1990s, for they were the ones who taught me what it means to be a black scholar. The problem at this point is that I am still not sure if my university truly understands or appreciates what black scholarship is all about.

Enjoy!

No comments: